2005 Jul 08 12:36

Re: [vox-tech] sshd_config and PasswordAuthentication

Re: [vox-tech] sshd_config and PasswordAuthentication

What's wrong with PasswordAuthentication in a nutshell is, in order to
authenticate yourself, both you and the destination host know your
password.
But, even if I have this set to "no", and I do an interactive login, then both me and the remote box need to know my password.

public/private keys avoid the above issue.

But I dont' see how setting PasswordAuthentication yes accomplishes the above.

Obviously I'm missing something. I'm going to go reread the thread

Jay