2005 Jul 06 10:22

Re: [vox-tech] Scanners

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Richard Harke wrote:

> This project kind of got re-directed. My wife wants to get a
> multi-function unit with scanner, printer and fax. So now we
> are looking for such that is also linux usable. She did find
> a neat bit of info -- HP is helping a sourceforge project
> to produce drivers for their products. But is appears that
> right now there is just one model that is fully supported.
> (Well, almost; they won't do fax on an open system)
> Anyway the model is Officejet 9100. It seems to be "hot"
> right now so we're going to wait and hope prices come down.
> This was apparently introduced first in the German market
> and I'm guessing they wanted to sell some to the city
> of Munich.

An HP 9130 combo was installed in our office recently... a network
scanner/copier/fax/printer.  Working through the LAN, it can scan and cc
faxes to a CFS share, so Samba should work.  We don't have a Linux machine
in the office, though, so I can't attest to output compatibility.

Cheapest I am seeing it on the net is $870, though.  Whew.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing