2005 Jun 29 19:54

Re: [vox-tech] I'm out of space on /

Quoting Jay Strauss (me@heyjay.com):

> Actually, /var, /home, and /usr are on separate partitions (I think I
> deleted them in the interest of the email)

Ja, 133MB is a bit too small for a modern root partition, even with
/home, /tmp, /usr, and /var housed elsewhere.  (Watch out for /opt, too.
You might consider creating /usr/local/opt and symlinking /opt to that.)

For whatever it's worth, here's my server's (main system's) current
fstab.  Note mount options:

proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/sda5       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/sda1       /boot           ext2    nodev,nosuid,noexec 0       2
/dev/sdb1       /home           ext3    nodev,nosuid    0       2
/dev/sdb5       /tmp            ext2    noatime,nodev,nosuid 0       2
/dev/sdb8       /usr            ext2    nodev,ro        0       2
/dev/sda9       /usr/local      ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/sdb7       /var            ext3    noatime,nodev,nosuid 0       2
/dev/sda8       /var/log        ext2    noatime,nodev,nosuid 0       2
/dev/sda7       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/sdb6       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/sda6   	/mnt/recovery 	ext2    rw,noauto       0       2

The last item listed is my fallback maintenance-boot partition, which
houses a compact, duplicate installed system.