2005 Jun 20 14:37

[vox-tech] [fwd] backup solutions for 3 people

On behalf of Dylan Beaudette <debeaudette@ucdavis.edu>...

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:37:20 -0700
From: Dylan Beaudette <debeaudette@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: backup solutions for 3 people
To: "Vox-Tech" <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>
Cc: "Anthony O'Geen, Ph.D." <atogeen@ucdavis.edu>

Hi everyone,

The suggestions for an external hard disk and enclosure were quite helpful.

Now I am searching for a good method of backing up a couple hundred Gigabytes
of data on a media that is relatively safe.

A couple initial ideas:

1. external HD with 5yr warranty
2. DVD-R

..however both of these have their problems: moving parts and or sensitivity
to UV.

any ideas on a USB/Firewire solution that can be moved between multiple
machines?

thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis

----- End forwarded message -----

--
-bill!                         Linux vs Windows studies can be divided into:
bill@newbreedsoftware.com        1. Studies paid for by Microsoft