2005 Jun 15 08:13

Re: [vox-tech] Question: FTP-like GUI programs using SSH?

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 05:44, Henry House wrote:

> - Is there as good Free GUI wrapper over SSH that emulates the look and
> feel of a GUI FTP client for windows?

I've had some success with WinSCP (http://winscp.net/eng/index.php).  If he
installs it with an Explorer-like interface and drag-and-drop functionality,
it may be exactly what he's looking for.

> - Is there such an application that is cross-platform?

Don't know about cross-platform, but it is built right in to KDE.  Open up a
Konqueror window, and type:

	fish://<username>@<server>

I'm not sure if there's an equivalent in GNOME.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com