2005 Jun 03 08:03

Re: [vox-tech] OT hardware router suggestions

Re: [vox-tech] OT hardware router suggestions

On Thursday 02 June 2005 12:43 pm, Dylan Beaudette dylan-at-iici.no-ip.org
|lugod| wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking to replace my computer-based router with a smaller and
> more energy efficient hardware router. In the past I have tried a
> couple Linksys routers, but they consistently broke ssh connections
> between home and remote machine (on DSL). Since then,  the only way to
> keep an ssh session for longer than 10 minutes was to use a software
> router (i.e. an old computer).
>
> As we are moving, I would like to try out a hardware router again but
> this time with some input on :
>
> relatively secure wireless
> will not drop my ssh sessions
> reliable operation

If you wanna roll your own, check out the offering at soekirs
(www.soekris.com). Nice little pentium class systems that only consume about
10 watts.

--
Ryan Castellucci - http://ryanc.org/