2005 Jun 03 15:59

[vox-tech] OT hardware router suggestions

[vox-tech] OT hardware router suggestions

Hi,

I am looking to replace my computer-based router with a smaller and more energy efficient hardware router. In the past I have tried a couple Linksys routers, but they consistently broke ssh connections between home and remote machine (on DSL). Since then, the only way to keep an ssh session for longer than 10 minutes was to use a software router (i.e. an old computer).

As we are moving, I would like to try out a hardware router again but this time with some input on :

relatively secure wireless
will not drop my ssh sessions
reliable operation

any ideas ?