2005 May 29 00:26

[vox-tech] collaborative writing with latex

[vox-tech] collaborative writing with latex

Hi everyone,

A colleague and I were recently talking about adopting LATEX as the format for
dissertations and publications and the like, but always came up against a
problem: collaborative writting efforts.

While it is ok for me to write all of my stuff in LATEX, sharing an editable,
electronic version becomes complicated when working with others who have no
interest in using LATEX as well. This is probably why M$ word is so
widespread in this dept.

We came up with a couple possible solutions consisting of sending parts to be
checked in RTF or text format, while keeping the original in LATEX. This of
course is not always a very feasible option, as collaborators often want to
see and work with the entire manuscript with figures.

Does anyone know of any existing methods of doing one's writting in LATEX,
with the option of making it available for edits to others not using LATEX?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis