January 6: Social gathering
2005 May 26 05:19

[vox-tech] $display not set when ssh'ing

[vox-tech] $display not set when ssh'ing

Hi,

simple question, don't know why it's not working on my machine. On the remote machine in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config I have:

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

set. I've tried

ssh root@remote
ssh -X root@remote
ssh jay@remote

But my $DISPLAY is never set. I is set fine on my other machines. I've been a'googling, but I can't find anything else to look for

Thanks
Jay