2005 May 25 17:08

Re: [vox-tech] Is Google wrong about the license on ethereal?

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 04:12:10PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> The thought of classifying software according to licensing probably
> occurs to them only as an afterthought, at best.

Sadly, I think it's the same for most users.  (Hence my idea about putting
the word 'freeware' all over my site.)  Though I suppose it's a vicious
cycle of ignorance.  (Users look for 'freeware' because sites call it
that.  Sites call it that because users are looking for it.)

*sigh* :)