January 6: Social gathering
2005 May 25 00:21

Re: [vox-tech] ..'xxx is not an ELF file' errors

Re: [vox-tech] ..'xxx is not an ELF file' errors

On May 24, 2005, at 9:09 AM, Henry House wrote:

På 2005-05-24, skrev Micah J. Cowan:
[...]
How are you generating the PDF? There are a number of known problems
with MetaFonts that become converted to high-resolution bitmapped
Type 3 fonts. I usually use pdftex/pdflatex, which does a tremendous
job. If you are generating DVIs first and then converting to PDF, there
may be a bit more work. In any case, you must have the Type 1 versions of
the standard MetaFont fonts. Google for more info.

Alternatively, you could \usepackage{times} or \usepackage{psfonts},
which uses the standard PostScript fonts instead of Computer Modern et
al.
You can also use 'pslatex' in place of 'latex' to typeset your documents,
which has the same effect as the times package.
Thanks for the ideas!

Looks like I had some file system problems... was using ReiserFS on PPC which apparently is not well tested... furthermore it looks like there is a lot of talk about ReiserFS having problems.... and most of my data in the lab is stored on that file system.

Time to make some adjustments!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis