January 6: Social gathering
2005 May 24 11:11

Re: [vox-tech] "File->Send Link" on Firefox?

Re: [vox-tech] "File->Send Link" on Firefox?

It works for me, probably because I've configured Firefox to use Thunderbird by adding the line

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto", "thunderbird");

to the file ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.xxx/user.js.

Jonathan

Bob Scofield wrote:
Firefox on Windows comes all set up so that one can bring up an e-mail program by clicking on an e-mail link on a web page, and one can send a web page by clicking File->Send Link. But these two features are not automatically set up in Firefox for Linux.

I want to set Firefox up so that it brings up Kmail. After Googling I've learned that are are about three different ways to get Kmail to work if you click on an e-mail link in a web page. One of these is quite simple, and I've successfully got Kmail working when I click on an e-mail link in a web page.

But here's the problem that I, and others on the web, have found. We still can't get File->Send Link to work on Firefox for Linux. Does anybody here know how to do this?

Of course all these features work for Konqueror. But I think Firefox is a better browser than Konqueror.

Thank you.