2005 May 23 13:58

Re: [vox-tech] Install windows in linux Red Hat Enterprise

Re: [vox-tech] Install windows in linux Red Hat Enterprise

Stanley

I'm sorry you didn't get everything solved at the Installfest. If you must use Peachtree, it does look you will need to run Windows.

While the other two responses are correct and helpful, for beginner users of Linux I am going to recommend a brute force method:

1) back up your data
2) boot the windows install CD
3) delete all partitions on your hard drive
4) make a single partition for windows (~10GB)
5) install windows on that partition
6) install linux on another 10GB, leaving some unpartitioned space if possible
7) make another partition that is formated fat32; this can be used by both windows and linux

It is a shame you have to delete your existing linux with this method. However, trying to work around it while installing windows could lead to all sorts of trouble that could take a long time to resolve.

Jonathan

Stanley Price wrote:
In order to run Peachtree, I need to install a windows operating system.
When I installed the linux on the hard drive, I have five partitioned sections. Two are:

none 95,164, with 0 used, marked dev/shm
/dev/hda5 104170, 0 used, marked tmp1

How do I install windows on the system? I am running a 686 AMD processer, (with too little RAM at the moment), and Red Hat Enterprise.

Thanks,
Stanley Price