2005 May 23 12:16

re: [vox-tech] debian/samba lp spool directory info

re: [vox-tech] debian/samba lp spool directory info

Pete,

This page might help:
http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/StandAloneServer.html#SimplePrintServer

Excerpt:

--

The directory into which Samba will spool the file must have write access for the guest account. The following commands will ensure that this directory is available for use:

root# mkdir /var/spool/samba
root# chown nobody.nobody /var/spool/samba
root# chmod a+rwt /var/spool/samba

---

I think you'll need do do something like this to map the Windows guest account to the unix nobody account:
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Guests" unixgroup=nobody

This might be Samba 3 specific.

Charles