2005 May 20 11:59

Re: [vox-tech] lynx and utf-8

På fredag, 20 maj 2005, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> I can set lynx to use unicode (utf-8), but for some reason, the option:
>
>    Use locale-based character set(!): [OFF]
>
> refuses to be saved in the "on" setting (the "(!)" means the option won't be
> saved to .lynxrc).
>
> Anyone know why lynx refuses to save this option to the config file?

I don't know, but you can add it manually.

Add to ~/.lynxrc:
	character_set=UNICODE (UTF-8)

My lynx option menu looks like this:

  Display and Character Set
  Display character set            : [UNICODE (UTF-8)]
  Assumed document character set(!): [iso-8859-1______]
  Raw 8-bit (!)                    : [OFF]

I have Lynx Version 2.8.4rel.1 (17 Jul 2001). What version is yours?

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13