2005 May 13 21:03

Re: [vox-tech] xmms shoutcast lists

I'm not sure if there's a bookmark functionality but you can make a
customized playlist (m3u or pls but I always use m3u) with a little work:

  1. First, load the station you want, then right click on the playlist
     editor, and do a "Save List", and save the list as "save.m3u".

  2. Then load your next station, and save the list as "save2.m3u".

  3. Repeat for all stations.

  4. Create a custom list "my_stations.m3u" that's concatenated file of
     all "saveN.m3u" files.  Edit with text editor as needed.

A friend of mine is a manager of streaming media at AOL, which includes
Shoutcast.  It's a pretty good service... I'm not sure how they keep it
legal but it sure helps for AOL to own Warner... =P

-Mark

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> I recently discovered Shoutcast Internet radio stations.  Pretty cool.  You
> click on an m3u link, and xmms becomes a radio station.
>
> Does xmms have a utility to manage Shoutcast stations?  As it stands, it
> looks like I need to keep a personal webpage of links.  Instead, I'd like for
> xmms to remember stations it gets pointed to and let me pick and choose
> between stations I've already listened to.
>
> Can xmms do this?
>
> Hope this was clear.  I'm pretty new to Shoutcast, so maybe I have the lingo
> incorrect...
>
> Pete

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius