2005 May 13 11:27

[vox-tech] emacs formatting

Hello,

I am hoping someone can point me in the write direction. I want to change how emacs formats code. I'm very picky about spacing and brackets. If I have to make the change for every mode that is fine, but I'd prefer to make the change once and have it apply to all types of code I use. The modes I'm mainly concerned about now are C/C++, PHP and Perl.

Here is an example of how I like to format things:

if(foo)
{
doSomething();
}

but in some situations emacs formats code like this:

if(foo)
{
doSomething();
}

apparently most of the world formats code like this:

if(foo) {
doSomething();
}

That just doesn't work for me though. :)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Charles