2005 May 11 13:01

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Windows Question for Relative

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 12:10, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Also when loading grub or lilo make sure not to overwrite the MBR.
> Instead skip that and install the booter into the bootable Linux partition.
>
> See this page for details
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/WindowsDualBootHowTo
> I recently followed this and it worked perfectly for me.

The person who wrote that said that Ubuntu "killed the MBR."  I've never had a
problem writing to the MBR on Windows 98.  Is there a special problem with
XP?

Do people on this list generally feel that you should not install GRUB on the
Windows MBR?

Thanks.

Bob