2005 May 08 20:53

Re: [vox-tech] [OT] Windows Question for Relative

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 05:47:14PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sun, May 08, 2005 at 12:58:34PM -0700, tech_dev(Alex Mandel)
> (tech_dev@wildintellect.com) wrote:
<snip>

> > The other thing to think about although this is nit picky is to look
> > at the case cooling situation. Dell is very bad about this. You can
> > download a free program(for home use) called Everest to check the ram
> > performance and CPU temp.
>
> Cooling won't affect performance.  It will affect component longevity.

I think the idea here may be that some CPUs can slow themselves down if
they get too hot, or something.  Maybe I'm thinking of laptops?
Maybe I should stop pretending to know anything about modern PC
capabilities. ;^)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com      Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued darkness
http://newbreedsoftware.com/   until widely scattered light in the morning.