2005 May 08 14:19

Re: [vox-tech] browser and mimetypes (I think)

On Sun 08 May 05,  1:07 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:
> On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 03:26:04PM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > Yeah -- The trouble is I don't know how to get wget to use the proxy
>
> For some reason, Sonic doesn't have the "wget" man page (at least not in
> my $MANPATH),

Hi Bill,

For this kind of thing, you can use locate, which locates a file on your
hard drive by name:

   $ locate wget. | grep man
   /usr/share/man/man1/wget.1.gz

If you're on a debian system, you can use dpkg to figure out if you have an
official Debian package of wget installed, which provides the man page.

If you're still stuck, email me offlist and I'll send you an rpm tutorial
that I wrote awhile back.

Let me know if this helps...

Pete

--
Every theory is killed sooner or later, but if the theory has good in it,
that good is embodied and continued in the next theory. -- Albert Einstein