2005 May 05 09:15

Re: [vox-tech] 2.6.x SMP kernel issues apparently resolved

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 21:19 -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:

> > I'm intrigued: does interrupt balancing still work under this
> > configuration? Can you look in /proc/interrupts and see whether both
> > cpus are serving interrupts?
>
> Looks like only CPU0 is handling interrupts.  Is this a bad thing?

Well, it's not ideal. If your system's APIC hardware was supported and
did allow the processors to share interrupt service duties under linux
2.4, then you have found a kernel bug (worse, a regression) and you
should report it as such to the kernel developers.

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department