2005 Apr 27 00:15

Re: [vox-tech] Wine on amd64 for 32bit win

Re: [vox-tech] Wine on amd64 for 32bit win

Nope that wasn't it. build-essential was already there, I reinstalled it for kicks and nothing changed.
Maybe I need a reboot.

Anyone else got any ideas?
Alex

Ken Bloom wrote:
Alex Mandel wrote:

I'm seem to be quite good at getting myself in way over my head.

The latest project is to install Wine on a 64bit Ubuntu box(Brand New).
I've been following the instructions on
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

and it didn't seem very difficult.
During the --build part I got an error

"checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables

See `config.log' for more details.

make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 77

Build command 'cd wine-0.0.20050310 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.

E: Child process failed"

My guess is that I'm missing some packages for compiling, but I'm not
familiar enough with this to know.

you may have the compiler, but you're probably missing the linker. just
$ apt-get install build-essential
and that should give you everything you need.

Sorry I can't answer the second question.

--Ken Bloom