2005 Apr 26 11:30

Re: [vox-tech] GUI mail client recommendation

Re: [vox-tech] GUI mail client recommendation

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
Micah, before I take the plunge, I need to ask because I think we have
similar tastes in apps -- why doesn't Thunderbird make you happy?
There have been some very annoying quirks: There have been occaisions where, for some reason, it doesn't realize that it has already fetched a shit-load of mail from the past, and redownloads it again. Maybe several times.

A little more rare: I often leave my Thunderbird going for a couple weeks, without shutting it down. Every once in a while, it silently stops fetching my mail, and I don't realize that I'm not receiving things that have been sent to me.

There's also the dumbed-down configuration.

One thing that is nice, though, is that I can configure it to share the same mailboxes between Windows and Linux.

Perhaps I will try Kmail next, but I think I may go back to mutt as my main e-mail client: I never had any problems with it; it always did what I wanted. It'll be a little clunky to use it in reading HTML messages, but oh well.

-Micah