2005 Apr 15 08:15

[vox-tech] vnc terminal only

I just upgraded Ubunutu (warty to hoary).
Eveything went fine except for some graphics related issues, prev fixed by using 16bit color because my graphics card is old and can't handle more. The next possibly related problem is that when I hit my vncsever using tightvnc client in windows I only get a terminal now not a virtual desktop.

Do I need to reconfigure my vnc.conf or xorg.conf, or is there simply a command I can run to launch gnome over the vnc connection?

Not sure if it helps but I saw something that said maybe the session didn't know which desktop manager to use, now that there may be more than just gnome.

Thanks,
Alex