2005 Apr 08 13:44

Re: [vox-tech] Compile Question

On Friday 08 April 2005 12:14, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 11:52:16AM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
> > I am trying to compile a program called "kiwi plugins" for another
> > program called "digikam."  When I execute ./compile I get this error
> > message:
>
> Do you mean "./configure"?

Yes.  Sorry.

> What distro are you using?

Debian Sarge with the 2.6 kernel.

>  I'll assume you installed KDE from packages,
> and in that case, it's probably simply a matter of needing to install the
> appropriate corresponding "development" packages.

Yes, KDE came in by way of apt-get.

> BUT, when you want to COMPILE something, you'll want the package that
> contains all of the C header files and other little things needed when
> compiling against that library.  ("I am about to compile a KDE app...
> I need the headers for the KDE libraries.  Oh, here they are!
> *#include!*")

I don't know the answer to Henry's question, "Do you have the appropriate KDE
development packages installed?"  But I'll try to find out.

Thanks Bill.  Thanks Henry.  I may be back this weekend with more questions.

Bob