2005 Apr 08 13:44

Re: [vox-tech] Compile Question

På fredag, 08 april 2005, skrev Bob Scofield:
> I am trying to compile a program called "kiwi plugins" for another program
> called "digikam."  When I execute ./compile I get this error message:
>
> "in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE (headers installed.  This will fail."
>
> I don't know what a prefix is, and don't know what prefix I have chosen.  Does
> anybody have any advice for my next step?
>
> From what I've read on the web about compiling, my problems aren't supposed to
> begin until I execute "make."  I guess I'm getting an early start.

Prefix == directory in this case. I recommend posting the ./compile program,
assuming that is is a shell script (which is almost certain). Or if you want
to try debugging it yourself,  you can search in ./compile for the error
that you got.  It may be as simple to fix as changing the directory
hardcoded in the script to the actual location of your directory full of KDE
header files.

Do you have the appropriate KDE development packages installed? You probably
already know this, but it can't hurt to point out just in case that you need
additional stuff (header files and static libraries) beyond the packages
needed to run KDE if you want to compile software that depends on KDE.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13