2005 Apr 08 11:51

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Forwarding SMB through SSH - RESOLVED

Re: [vox-tech] Re: Forwarding SMB through SSH - RESOLVED

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
[snip]
> OK, I like this and it works for me.  But can someone explain why umask,
> dmask, and fmask options don't work with smbfs?

I don't know, but when Jeremy Allison (of Samba) came to speak at LUGOD
waaay long time ago, he said something along the line that smbfs isn't
actively developed because it isn't a priority and lags behind the Samba
server/client, etc., etc., etc.  So my guess would be an outdated
documentation or a bug that hasn't been gotten around to getting fixed!

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius