2005 Apr 07 16:24

Re: [vox-tech] GUI for Camera on Sarge?

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 12:36:09PM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
> About one or two days after you posted the line to put into apt to get KDE
> 3.4, my regular source list downloaded brand new updates for KDE 3.3.  I
> wonder why Debian does this; continue to update 3.3, but then have a special
> source for using apt for 3.4.

This is apparently because Debian is 'freezing', and therefore new apps
won't be making it in until after sarge becomes the new Stable branch.

If the timing were different (KDE 3.4 came out earlier, or Debian froze
later), it'd no doubt make its way through Sid and into Sarge, and then
land into the upcoming Stable.

(Any Debian experts feel free to correct me if I've gotten this wrong.)