2005 Apr 01 10:42

[vox-tech] Urgent news: Linux may be relicensed

[vox-tech] Urgent news: Linux may be relicensed

Urgent breaking news:

I can hardly believe it!   CNN is reporting that Linus Torvalds is
considering re-licensing Linux under a closed-source license.  There's a
huge argument on the Linux Kernel Mailing List right now over the move and
many developers have been jumping ship.

Linus claims the move to make Linux proprietary stems from differences in
open source philosophy between the majority of Linux kernel hackers and
GNU's upcoming version 3 of the General Public License.

This is AWFUL news!!!

I guess we might all have to start installing *BSD pretty soon!   :-(

Pete