2005 Mar 30 15:48

[vox-tech] Install Plone on Ubuntu

Recently installed Ubuntu(Warty), and I'm a first timer to most things including apt. Previously only used Rpm based distros(barely).
I'm a little confused trying to install plone 2.0.4 or 5(www.plone.org)

I tried synaptic and it only lists a very old version (1.0.5).
So I looked on plone.org and they said for debian to just do
apt-get install plone
So I tried:
sudo aptitude install plone /*1st then
sudo ap-get install plone

I got a dependency error saying it depended on zope-cmfplone(1.0.5)
Aside from the install not working 2 things worry me.
1. I know the new versions of plone come with zope and plone bundled so you don't need to install them separately(at least on win and mac)
2. the dependancy is to the wrong version.

I thought maybe I should change my apt/sources.list but I don't know what debian library to connect for a stable version that might install on Ubuntu correctly or for that matter what the path is to them.

Thanks,
Alex