2005 Mar 24 09:30

[vox-tech] notebook wireless refinement question

[vox-tech] notebook wireless refinement question

New to Linux so pardon if this is not not clearly asked......but here goes....
I have Slackware running on a Toshiba notebook.
It has a miniPCI wireless card.
I've figured out how to connect to my home wireless router by running a script

#!/bin/bash
iwconfig eth1 essid name key [1] XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX
dhcpcd eth1

Now when I turn on the notebook at home I'd like to have the start up recognize the essid name and run this script and just connect or is there a better way such as the rc.wireless.conf? Seems like I should be able to look for this essid first then if it does not exist go to say Moobilenet then look for an unsecured access point.

--
Donald Greg "DiG" McGahan
University of California Davis
One Shields Ave (LAWR)
Davis, California 95616
Soil and Biogeochemistry
2149 Plant and Environmental Sciences Building
Laboratory Phone 1-530-752-0144
Mobile:530-219-6183
email: soilman@ucdavis.edu or dgmcgahan@yahoo.com
MSN Messenger: dgmcgahan@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: dgmcgahan@yahoo.com
AIM: dgmcgahan
ICQ: 55404391
Web Page http://lawr.dept-lawr.ucdavis.edu/users/soilgrads/dig/
Ped-O-quote
"The lithosphere is the easel, the pedosphere the canvas, and the biosphere the painting on the canvas." (Gleason and Cronquist 1964)