2005 Mar 21 12:58

[vox-tech] BSD versus Linux (and SQL/PHP/magic quoting)

[vox-tech] BSD versus Linux (and SQL/PHP/magic quoting)

Found this while Googling about magic quotes.

Not for people who get offended by sexual humor (I'm not kidding.  If you
get offended by off-colored stuff, don't look!):

   http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/topic,444.0.html

Check out 100rk's avatar.  I'm going out on a limb with this, but I'll take
a guess he doesn't like Linux a whole lot.

However, it DOES have certain implications for the BSD Daemon.  Notice how
big that smile is.  Sheer pleasure.

Obtech: I tried to consolidate my knowledge of PHP, magic quotes, and SQL.
This is my complete understanding on the topic:

   http://www.dirac.org/linux/sql_quoting.html

If someone has the time to comment on it and tell me whether I got it right
or wrong, I'd appreciate it.  (This is what I was trying to read about when
I stumbled onto the avatar above).

Pete