2005 Mar 18 04:55

Re: [vox-tech] resolved (kind of): stale NFS file (was: binaryequivalence of two directories)

On Thu 17 Mar 05, 11:24 PM, Mitch Patenaude <patenaude@gmail.com> said:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:13:16 -0500, Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:
> > It appears that I have stumbled onto a bug that exists (and apparently, has
> > always existed).  NFS mounting a vfat or msdos partition has issues.
>
> A (somewhat hackish) workaround would be to use samba for filesharing
> of vfat partitions.
>
>   -- Mitch

Yeah, that's exactly what I intended to do.  It sucks because I keep
forgetting how to use smbclient.  But it looks like this NFS bug has existed
since the dawn of man, and it probably will keep on existing for a long time
to come.  *sigh*.   :(

Pete