January 6: Social gathering
2005 Mar 18 03:58

Re: [vox-tech] linux on Mac iBook

Dylan Beaudette wrote:
On Thursday 17 March 2005 03:23 pm, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

Someone wants to install Linux on a Mac iBook (i.e. PowerPC arch.) at
the installfest Saturday.  This is new to me.  Any recommendations,
especially in regards to distribution?  For new users, I often go with
Fedora.  I see that the test version of Fedora 4 is out with a version
for PPC.  I'll probably go with that unless I'm advised not to.

Anyone able to come help with a PPC install on Saturday?

Thanks,
Jonathan

I might be able to come. Regardless, i would certainly recommend Debian/Testing for this machine. I have been running it on my powerbook G3 now for a couple of years. Also, the Debian-PPC mailing list is VERY active.

If you can come help, I'll burn a PPC sarge net-install disk. As you may have guessed from another thread today, I'm not all that big on Debian, but I am happy to let others try.

Jonathan