2005 Mar 10 16:31

Re: [vox-tech] Apache question: preventing direct access to files

Re: [vox-tech] Apache question: preventing direct access to files

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

Yeah.  Oh, yeah.  More than you can imagine.

I doubt it: I've had to work with the sucker before. Had to make a living...

It's great for doing really simple things. Anything beyond that, and you're better off using practically anything else.

Fortunately, we're going to
start transitioning over to a PHP solution starting next month (the
transition will probably take over a year, but I'm really excited about
it).

Good for you! I don't understand how people can actually justify paying good money for ColdFusion, when PHP or mod_perl is free! But it's one of those products that look terrific and likely to save lots of development time, to managers; until someone actually tries to accomplish something with it.

-Micah