2005 Mar 08 21:11

Re: [vox-tech] DVD burning front ends

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 04:14 pm, Jan W wrote:
> Hi all:

Hi.

> O yea, and I start kde by just putting 'startkde' in the .Xclients file
> in my $HOME, but I don't know if this is the correct(tm) way to do it.

I just had something interesting happen.  I had KDE on SuSE and GNOME on
Debian.  I just don't like GNOME, and so I did an" apt-get kde" and an
"apt-get kdm."  Now when the KDE splash screen comes up I have an option to
go into either KDE or GNOME.  It's kind of clever, though I'd probably be
happier not to have the GNOME.  But if anyone I know wants to see a Linux
demo, I can show them both GUI's.  That's kind of neat.  (Though I don't know
anyone who wants a demo; not even my wife.  But when my son comes home from
for Spring break, he'll get a demo whether he wants one or not.)

Bob