2005 Mar 04 13:50

Re: [vox-tech] Changing Debian Screen Resolution

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 05:33:12PM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> Edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> find
> Section "Screen"
> then find the Subsection "Display" which corresponds to the default
> color depth. Add "1024x768" at the beginning of the Modes line.

Be careful editing XF86Config-4 by hand if debconf is managing it.
An apt-get upgrade and a thoughtless "[Y]es, overwrite" can end up killing
any changes you made by hand. :^)  If you can get it working with
"dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86", all the better.

Or, just don't debconf it.  (I don't recall how to do that off the top of
my head, though!)

-bill!
What?  No...  I'm not speaking out of experience! *blush* Don't be silly!