2005 Feb 19 23:06

Re: [vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

Re: [vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

The 2nd & 3rd are the same item, ASIN(Amazon #) is the same.
1st one is USB other one is PCI.

Looking at the manufacturer website, the only other thing I can find out is that the USB device min. PC specs are higher 733MHZ over 500MHZ pci.
Also the USB transfer max is 12M/sec on usb 2.0, but I don't have comparison numbers.
Other than that ZDNET gave the PCI version a 7.7

Alex

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
Cool, thanks guys. One last question -
What exactly is the difference between

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB 2.0 (Model 941)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AL8XX/ref=pd_sbs_e_2/103-2472259-5670207?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 Personal Video Recorder (990)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OOWC/qid=1108837718/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2472259-5670207?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Hauppauge WINTV-PVR 350 PCI
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OOWC/qid=1108837718/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2472259-5670207?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

The spec sheets on the last two look the same to me. They both appear to be
PCI TV/video capture cards. Does anyone know what the difference is
between them? It's so hard to wade through the marketing...

All things being equal, I'd rather get something USB (the first item), if
the USB 2.0 product is equivalent or nearly equivalent to the PCI model...

Thanks,
Pete