2005 Feb 19 08:55

Re: [vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

Re: [vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

Dmitriy wrote:
[snip]

What TV/video capture cards make people drool these days?
For tv capture one of the best is WinTV PVR-250/350 (later having tv-out)
The PVR-150 is also out, and only costs ~$70.  It has a TV tuner,
FM tuner, and the essential MPEG encoding, but not the remote control,
TV out, or MPEG decoding of the 250/350 boards.  Linux drivers are
mentioned on the Hauppauge web site, and in general Hauppauge boards
are well-supported.

Mine just arrived this week, but I haven't been able to play with
it yet!

			-Lynn