2005 Feb 19 08:55

Re: [vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

On Friday 18 February 2005 06:17, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to convert all my VCR to DVD.  I also want to be able to capture
> TV/Cable stuff to file format.

[snip]
> What TV/video capture cards make people drool these days?

For tv capture one of the best is WinTV PVR-250/350 (later having tv-out)

They have tuners and svideo inputs I believe.

They also output mpeg2, so you don't need to use CPU to compress video.

What I am not sure about if you can put mpeg2 it produces on dvd without
transcoding (IMO that would cause significant quality dip).

Both are supported relatively well under linux and with MythTV.

Might be overkill for your needs.

--
Dmitriy