January 6: Social gathering
2005 Feb 16 04:22

Re: [vox-tech] Browser speed

on Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 08:49:16AM -0800, Ken Bloom (kabloom@ucdavis.edu) wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:50:47 -0800
> "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > Fastest browser bar none is dillo.  But it's not full-featured (lots of
> > lacking stuff, and renders poorly).  Good for limited use or very old
> > HW.
>
> My links2 -g beats your dillo any day. (Actually, I don't know but I
> do like links2 -g on my laptop where I run an xserver only
> occasionally)

Hrm...

It's close, but (without proxy) I see dillo with the edge on localhost.
Launch, kill on full load.  Use 'time' for timings.

    [karsten@superego:karsten]$ time dillo http://localhost/
    real    0m2.975s
    user    0m0.191s
    sys     0m0.064s
    [karsten@superego:karsten]$ time links2 -g http://localhost/

    real    0m3.449s
    user    0m0.364s
    sys     0m0.058s

Not a bad race though.

Peace.

    Bush:  All we have to sell is fear itself.