2005 Feb 14 10:38

Re: [vox-tech] latex: shaded box in picture environment

Re: [vox-tech] latex: shaded box in picture environment

Originally, I tried using xfig to draw a shaded box, then exported it in
"LaTeX+eepic", then looked at the code.  But that didn't work -- importing
the resulting code from LaTeX turns up a white box.

So I tried adding texture to the xfig drawing to see if perhaps a
patterned texture can simulate a shaded area.  Exporting to "LaTeX+eepic"
showed that the texture doesn't show up, but the box is shaded!  So there
it was -- Apparently shading is ignored when xfig exports in
"LaTeX+eepic", and texture becomes a shade. =P

FYI, there's a "LaTeX+PS" and "LaTeX+PDF" export modes in xfig that you
can use to merge LaTeX code with any xfig drawing.  All drawings will be
exported in PS/PDF, and all text will be exported in TeX.  The TeX code
will also contain code to merge the PS/PDF data into the TeX document, so
you won't have to do anything with PS/PDF file -- just merge the TeX code
into yours and you'll be able to have any image you can draw/import in
xfig in your LaTeX document.

-Mark

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius