2005 Feb 13 19:39

Re: [vox-tech] OpenGL: Frustums

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Mark K. Kim wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> [snip]
> > First of all, why "-near" and not "near"?  That's such a strange definition
> > I can't help but feel it's a typo.
>
> Not sure.  My v1.2 redbook says the same thing.

Oh, I think I figured out why it's -near.  I think it's because the Z axis
comes out of your screen, so the direction you're looking at is in the -Z
axis direction.  "near" is in the direction you're looking at, therefore
the plane you're defining is -near relative to the axis.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius