2005 Feb 09 10:00

[vox-tech] Linux-friendly 802.11b/g mini-PCI card

[vox-tech] Linux-friendly 802.11b/g mini-PCI card

In case you're looking for a compatible mini-PCI 802.11b/g card for you
laptop, this store has the Xterasys XG600 for $39 shipped:

  http://store.mrtechus.com/mipciinie80w1.html

It's got the Prism GT chipset and is well supported by the prism54
driver, which is included in kernel >= 2.6.5.  It should also work
directly with tools like kismet and xsupplicant.

I wanted something internal for my behemoth of a laptop (Dell Inspiron
8200).

Just thought I'd pass this along.

-David