2005 Feb 04 16:16

Re: [vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Re: [vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

David Hummel wrote:

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 05:36:06AM -0800, Micah Cowan wrote:

Daniel A. Lorca-Martinez wrote:

Actually, the Mozilla Foundation folks are all fairly geeky-which
explains the vi command. On the other hand, this same text search
feature is available using Control-F (Or Command-F on Macs). Though
that doesn't excuse the lack of documentation you mention for this
particular feature...

Such is not the case with the regular Mozilla browser; just Firefox
AFAICT (I have just recently used the latest versions of both).

What are you replying to?

If it's:

On the other hand, this same text search feature is available using
Control-F (Or Command-F on Macs).

It is.

Then no, CTRL-F does indeed produce a text search box in Mozilla (1.7.3
in my case). The vi-style / find-as-you-type feature is also there.

But it's not "this same text search feature." Firefox has control-F mapped to a (IMO) better version of the vi-style thing.