2005 Feb 03 18:48

Re: [vox-tech] More FireFox

Mark K. Kim wrote:
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Bill Kendrick wrote:

Anyway, try installing the Flash blocker add-on for Mozilla/Firefox and
you should have a stabler, quieter, less seizure-inducing web experience.
(And just click the 'play' button placeholder to activate those embedded
Flash bits that you wish to see on a page.)

 http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

This is nice. Yey~.

-Mark

Here is an interesting _userland_ approach to blocking flash, along with other nice local-css hacks: http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/UserContentCSS (scroll about half-way down to the Nuking embedded objects section.

Dave