2005 Feb 03 06:24

Re: [vox-tech] Email vs. FAX Security

On Thu 03 Feb 05,  5:30 AM, Micah Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > Yes, but in the same kind of way that 16 year old McDonalds employees spit
> > into the hamburgers (or worse).
> >
> > It's probably VERY rare.
> >
> > The statistics are such that it would (probably) NEVER happen to you.
>
> I doubt that it's as rare as you seem to think.

I doubt that employees spitting in hamburgers is as rare as YOU think.

No, just kidding.  :)

However, I was not just considering corporate email, but all email.  Bob was
worried about *anybody* reading his email, and his email comes to him via a
very large ISP.

And so, when you consider the number of man-reading hours of email versus
the number of man-writing hours, then I believe it IS as rare as I seem to
think.

Spook organizations have a similar problem.  It's called data mining.  The
world generates too much data to sift reliably and timely.

Pete