2005 Feb 03 10:40

Re: [vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Re: [vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 9, Issue 2

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

I forgot to list another major annoyance for me: I'm so used to emacs style
editing in bash, that ctrl-u is burned into my brain as "clear line".
Unfortunately, it displays the page source on FF.  I've clicked away more
page sources than I care to admit.

C-u is not an emacs thing (take it from an emacs user). It's a terminal thing. Emacs uses C-u for something *completely* different.

This means you can also use it to erase your currently entered password at a login prompt, if you completely lose track of where you were.