2005 Feb 10 18:56

Re: [vox-tech] Email vs. FAX Security

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:20:14AM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> I think I know the answer to this, but I want to make sure.  I believe that it
> is more secure to FAX a document than it is to email a document or message,
> right?  This assumes that one does not use email encryption.

I tend to agree.  I recently signed on with a banner ad agency, and couldn't
get around to faxing, so I ended up scanning and emailing scanned copies
of the documents.

I was sure to yank my SSN out of the scanned copy, and call them over the
phone to give it to them.

If only email encryption were more wide-spread.  (And, like, I got off my
duff and used it, too :) )