2005 Feb 02 11:23

Re: [vox-tech] multi-language internet-cafe-style linux box

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:09:06AM -0800, Dave Margolis wrote:
> 1. Change the language settings for the desktop environment.
>
> How do I do this programtically (i.e. without going into the KDE
> language settings in the configuration manager)?

Do it programmatically BY going into the configuration manager.  Well, sorta.
Check and see if there are any DCOP hooks you can use to tell the environment
to switch languages.

(You can also do things like:  "dcop kicker Panel restart" to reload the
panel, if necessary, to get tooltips to appear in the new language, etc.)

Lemme know if you need help.  I've got a shiny (albeit unstable) new box
at home running Debian Sarge & KDE 3.3.  I'm happy to poke around when I have
time in the evenings.  This kind of stuff is quite interesting to me for
some bizarre reason. :)